- 4 pounds mashed potatoes
- 1 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed potatoes and shredded Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, carton sour cream, and salt. Stir in flour and warm water. Add water until dough feels like velvet. Turn out onto a lightly floured board, and knead until smooth. Roll out to a 1/8 to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out 3 1/2 inch circles with either the top of a glass or a biscuit cutter. Cover with waxed paper to prevent drying out if not filling immediately.
- Place 1 or 2 tablespoons filling on one side of a circle of dough. Fold over, and seal by pressing the edges with a fork. Repeat until ingredients are used.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Immerse pierogi. Cook until the dumplings float to the surface.